There’s a reason that podcasts are such a fast-growing medium. They’re timely, convenient–perfect length for commuting–and usually free, like a radio station you program for yourself.
Whatever you’re interested in, there’s probably a podcast discussing it–politics, sports, history, music, language, storytelling–you name it.
Unsurprisingly, business is an especially fast-growing segment. But as with anything with lots of entries, you have to sort through a lot to find the good stuff.
I’ve gathered a baker’s dozen of the best business podcasts here–some you may already know and hopefully some that are new to you. But they all share a common thread–they’ll give you new ideas for helping your business grow, your mind expand, and your plans convert to action.
1. The Action Catalyst, hosted by Rory Vaden. The co-founder of Southwestern Consulting and author of the New York Times best-seller Take the Stairs: 7 Steps to Achieving True Success combines pragmatic insights and powerful inspiration to lead you into action. Interviews and lessons cover everything from personal productivity to sales to entrepreneurship, with a set of action steps you can apply immediately. A must if you want to take action.
2. Your Partner In Success Radio, hosted by Denise Griffitts, brings together leaders and entrepreneurs from a wide range of business disciplines, from marketing and sales to leadership and productivity, to share stories, wisdom, tips, and advice. This is a podcast that inspires success.
3. Social Pros Podcast, hosted by Jay Baer and Adam Brown. Recently named the best podcast at the Content Marketing Awards, Social Pros features social media experts from major brands to discuss successes, failures, strategies, and metrics. If you’re serious about social media, there’s no better resource, this is a must-listen.
4. Brown Ambition, hosted by Mandi Woodruff and Tiffany “The Budgetnista” Aliche. Billing itself as “a weekly podcast about career, business, building wealth and living in this brown skin,” Brown Ambition is a weekly conversation between two successful women of color dealing with topics of professional and financial ambition, will and so much more. Wisdom is found here weekly.
5. Inside PR, hosted by Gini Dietrich, Martin Waxman, and Joseph Thornley. A trio of American and Canadian PR pros discuss the latest thinking and events in the world of PR and social media a podcast not to be missed.
6. Live Inspired, hosted by John O’Leary. An inspirational speaker and the author of the best-selling book On Fire: The 7 Choices to Ignite a Radically Inspired Life, O’Leary focuses his podcast on living intentionally so you can do more and have a greater impact in life. Each episode features a guest who shares his or story and the lessons learned along the way. Truly inspirational.
7. Entrepreneur on Fire, hosted by John Lee Dumas. Winner of a “Best of iTunes” award, EOFire has featured more than 1,500 successful entrepreneurs sharing their worst entrepreneurial moments, aha! moments, and lessons learned seven days a week.! Are you prepared to ignite?!
8. Accelerate Your Business Growth, hosted by Diane Helbig. An award-winning podcast to provide small-business owners, salespeople, and aspiring entrepreneurs with diverse ideas focused on business success. It will accelerate your thinking.
9. Conscious Millionaire, hosted by JV Crum III. If you’re a service-business owner, info-marketer, or coach who is eager to make your first million, this is the podcast for you. Guests discuss everything from mindset, systems, and strategy to marketing, personal growth, and how to make a bigger impact and bigger profits.
10. Introvert Entrepreneur, hosted by Beth Buelow. Wide-ranging conversations on topics dealing with business and life, all from an introvert’s unique perspective. Whether or not you’re an introvert, this is a great podcast.
11. Investing in Real Estate, hosted by Clayton Morris. Clayton’s podcast is not just about real estate–it’s about so much more. He believes that most people live with a fear of money and never truly become financially free. In this podcast, Clayton Morris shows you how to build true passive income by using buy and hold real estate. He focuses on action over education to help people buy their first rental property.
12. The Femtrepreneur Show, hosted by Mariah Coz and Megan Minns. With a focus on online course design and development, Coz and her guests share practical step-by-step instructions and strategies for everything from prioritizing and time management to growing a mailing list. True girl power.
I hope you’ll load some of these up and give them a listen when you’re on the road, or while you are doing tedious desk chores. You’ll be surprised how much you can learn from these top business podcasts.